Apply Permit for Road Works
If you wish to carry out works within the road reserve, the following outlines the process for obtaining a road reserve works permit.
- Applicant pays $50.00 for application form and uplifts the form from the Procurement and Programming Division (PPD) of LTA.
- Fill in form, sign and submit the form together with the required documents to PPD.
- Assessment will be done by the PPD Team and the applicant will be notified within 5 working days of the outcome of application.
- During the process, the applicant may be required to submit additional information depending on the assessment carried out by the Office.
The following list the type of works that require a road reserve works permit:
- Installation of billboards, road names or any signs.
- New project proposed to be implemented within the road reserve such as installation of new water pipelines, installation of new electric poles.
- Maintenance works of existing utilities infrastructure.
- Road cutting for new water connections.
- Road closure, any maintenance works near the road, road blocks that disturb or may affect the safety of the public.
- Car park, drive-ins and drainage.
Note: For application from the Public (under the Independent Water Scheme) regarding road cutting for new water connections, the application fee is $500.00.